From "Upayavira" ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Project needs for TLP.
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 17:13:03 GMT
I think you (and Jed) are making interesting points.

It was difficult for Libcloud to accept the Java port, and difficult for
it not to.

I wonder how much interest there is in the Java code here. Is there
enough to fork into a separate incubator podling? That would leave
libcloud (python) to carry on with its own development at its own rate.

Philip, I think your assessments are reasonable, but some of the
approaches you suggest don't fit too well with an Apache style. We don't
tend to assign roles to individuals (even if they often tend to take
them). What I *would* encourage is folks other than Paul managing
releases.

Also, while IRC can be a useful tool, it can be difficult if you happen
to be in the wrong timezone. (I've had times when I've had to join
concalls at 1am because of US and Philippino participation. Not fun).

All it really takes is for other folks in the community to start firing
forwards their ideas for how the project can grow and develop. Everyone
in the community is free to take a lead, with or without a role!

Upayavira