From Eric Woods <woods...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] [vote] Usage of Ant bylaws for libcloud.
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:38:32 GMT
According to http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html and http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html,
-0 only means "I tend to disagree, but I won't block the vote".  As Jerry asked, are there
other guidelines for these processes?

- Eric

On Dec 14, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Schwartz, Philip Marc (LNG-BCT) wrote:

> I would say the bylaws are more of a direct interpretation of  the ASF general policy.
It is more to the point and would allow us to have an easy to get through guideline for project
operation directly on the project site. But as Apache rules go, your -0 is an implicit veto.
We can end the vote here.

> Thank You,
> Philip Schwartz
> Software Engineering
> LexisNexis RIAG
> O - 561 999 4472
> C - 954 290 4024

under general foundation policy (how to release, how to vote), and the Ant bylaws is a rulebook
that just isn't needed.

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Schwartz, Philip Marc (LNG-BCT) <Philip.Schwartz@lexisnexis.com>
wrote:

>> Please vote for or against using the Ant bylaws (http://ant.apache.org/bylaws.html)
for the libcloud project.

>> These bylaws do a very good job of defining the project organization and voting process
as done in the Apache way. I think if we can get consensus and use these bylaws, we will have
the start of organization so we can move to setup a PMC and move forward with votes pertaining
to the project.

>> My vote is +1
>>
>> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended
for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this

> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.