From "Schwartz, Philip Marc (LNG-BCT)" <Philip.Schwa...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: [libcloud] Graduation Vote?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:28:09 GMT
I agree it should be graduated from incubator status. I do have a few more commits that will
help the project along, but they can wait till after the graduation. I think with it our of
incubator status and more companies behind it at a production level (like my company ;) ),
we will be able to push the project along nicely.

Thank You,
Philip Schwartz
Software Engineering
LexisNexis RIAG
O - 561 999 4472
C - 954 290 4024

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Querna [mailto:paul@querna.org]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 3:15 PM
To: libcloud@incubator.apache.org; antelder@apache.org
Subject: Re: [libcloud] Graduation Vote?

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be good to see more of a course set on what to do with the
> Java support. There hasn't been consensus on what to do with it so
> showing the project can handle that would be good before graduation.

It hasn't attracted a diverse committer base.

It hasn't been reviewed on a technical level.

It hasn't been released (or had vetting with RAT).

It is in a sandbox area. That is it's state.

The Python side of libcloud is gaining absolutely zero by remaining in the Incubator.

The Java side is just a young project which may die, or may grow, and I certainly hope for
the former, but I am not sure how that is related to the community we have today remaining
in the Incubator.

Many TLPs grow communities in different products as they mature, and as long as we are comfortable
with the makeup of the PMC, and trust them to know what to do, I don't believe the current
situation with Java support is a problem for graduation.

The Incubator is about education of people and IP clearance -- trust the people to do the
right things, and the IP situation has long been clear for Libcloud.

Thanks,

Paul

you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.