From Eric Woods <woods...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Cloud storage providers/drivers
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:48:26 GMT
Hi Grig,

We did address this in libcloud's Java initiative.  After implementing a Java port of libcloud,
we pulled SimpleCloud under the libcloud umbrella to provide storage, queue, and table services.
 Following the libcloud design patterns, we've implemented working adapters for Amazon S3
and Nirvanix.  Rackspace has also expressed interest in contributing an adapter for CloudFiles.
 Take a look at the Java repository for the implementation:  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/sandbox/java/trunk/src/simplecloud/storage

I think this would be great in the python base, too.

- Eric

The Java initiative for libcloud did touch on this.  We pulled SimpleCloud under the libcloud
umbrella