From Pietro Battiston ...@pietrobattiston.it>
Subject Re: [libcloud] SSL certs checking
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 18:40:16 GMT
Il giorno lun, 08/11/2010 alle 11.18 +0100, Toma┼ż Muraus ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> A user has already created an issue on Jira about this[1] some time ago and
> because the root issue is in the Python module only a warning has been added
> to the README.
>
> I still personally think that the better solution would to fix the problem
> and subclass the HTTPSConnection class and manually check the hostname or
> switch to the M2Crypto library like you have suggested.
>
> Only problem with switching to the M2Crypto library is that it adds an extra
> dependency.

Sure. Hence, using M2Crypto if available and printing a warning
otherwise is to my eyes the optimum.

That's what I'm doing in the attached patch (from "svn diff" on svn
trunk).

Would you mind reviewing/testing it? Would you/some other developer
suggest if there are other places (a quick grep found none) in libcloud
where https connections are made?

thanks a lot

Pietro