From Pietro Battiston ...@pietrobattiston.it>
Subject [libcloud] SSL certs checking
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:00:34 GMT
Hello,

I' coping with bug
and it seems the only upstream reference to it is
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-libcloud/201009.mbox/%3C5860913.463891285776633273.JavaMail.jira@thor%3E

Now, there is no doubt that it's indeed an annoying thing, and that many other
projects just fixed it (waiting for python devs doing it). But I'm not
in search of a flame: I just would like to fix it (as a Debian patch, if
you are not interested).

In a project of mine, the analogous fix took very few lines of code:

http://code.google.com/p/galleryremote/source/diff?spec=svn6&r=6&format=side&path=/trunk/galleryremote/gallery.py

and I would be happy to try to do the same on libcloud, though I
perfectly know it will be slightly harder.

But the main point is: I never used this library, neither have an
account on any cloud provider, so I would totally appreciate if some dev
or at least user could cooperate with me. Feel free to answer in mailing
list of contact me privately.

Thanks

Pietro Battiston