From Eric Woods <woods...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Graduation Vote?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:11:05 GMT
Ant... I see what you're saying about a temporary holding place.  I'm okay with the Java base
remaining in sandbox until the lack of support Paul refers to is addressed (test cases, more
involvement, etc).

It is true that Paul is the primary maintainer of the python base.  Given this, I'm surprised
at his opposition to incubating the Java code here.  The Java initiative represents an opportunity
for the libcloud project, not a competitor or extra overhead; an opportunity for more growth,
involvement, and language options for people looking to use libcloud's services.  This all
helps raise awareness around the libcloud "brand."  The two implementations can benefit from
each other.  The python community is now expressing interest in extending libcloud to support
storage services.  I've already chartered a course for storage support in the Java base, and
I believe the python code can leverage this work.

Perhaps we should develop a plan of what to do with the Java stuff as checkpoints are reached.

- Eric