From Eric Woods <woods...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Cloud storage providers/drivers
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:31:33 GMT
Hi Grig,

I found that the authentication code was the most difficult to port, especially for AWS.
Java and Python have very different utilities for handling encoding/encryption schemes, so
most of my authentication code was written from scratch.  By all means, do what makes the
most sense for Python.

I expect that the factoring of common components (e.g. connections), libcloud components (e.g.
Node), and storage components (e.g. Item) and general design patterns are what can be leveraged
most from the Java work.  As you dive into this, please feel free to ask questions and provide
feedback on the Java structure.

Thanks,
Eric