From Eric Woods <woods...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Contribution protocol question
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 01:06:05 GMT
Hi Grig,

Glad to hear you're interested in contributing.  Yes, this community is very open to outside
contributors.  The right way to contribute, as you said, is to open a ticket on JIRA and upload
relevant patches.  A committer will apply, review, and commit your patch.  With enough contributions
you can eventually become a committer.

Returning the tuple as you described is a viable option.  I can also see returning a dictionary
mapping the values (my preference).  While there are multiple solutions, I think it comes
down to preference.  Paul or Jerry or some of the main python contributors would be better
suited to comment as I mostly work on the Java version.

Eric W.