From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Contribution protocol question
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 03:00:15 GMT
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Grig Gheorghiu
<grig.gheorghiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Eric Woods <woodstae@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Grig,
>>
>> Glad to hear you're interested in contributing.  Yes, this community is very open
to outside contributors.  The right way to contribute, as you said, is to open a ticket on
JIRA and upload relevant patches.  A committer will apply, review, and commit your patch.
 With enough contributions you can eventually become a committer.

>> Returning the tuple as you described is a viable option.  I can also see returning
a dictionary mapping the values (my preference).  While there are multiple solutions, I think
it comes down to preference.  Paul or Jerry or some of the main python contributors would
be better suited to comment as I mostly work on the Java version.

>> Eric W.
>>

> Thanks for the quick reply, Eric. I'll go ahead and open a JIRA issue
> then and attach a patch. I like the dictionary variant better myself,
> so I'll do that.

Thanks, merged in r1004499:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1004499