From Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Creating sandbox/perl
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:56:36 GMT

On Oct 5, 2010, at 4:06 AM, Eric Woods wrote:

> On this note, it's worth considering how we'll structure the project to accommodate different
languages.  Especially with the Java port, I don't think a directory within sandbox does it
justice anymore.  How about a structure like this:

> libcloud
> 	/trunk/	<-- core python trunk
> 	/java/ 	<-- java trunk
> 	/perl/ 	<-- perl trunk
> 	/.../		<-- etc, etc
>
> Eric W.

I think we need to have additional discussions about reconciling the differences between trunk
and the various languages before moving other languages out of the sandbox.

For example, the lack of tests is troublesome and I think that is the next major roadblock
for officially supporting or announcing the release of the Java port.

Cheers,
Jerry