From Grig Gheorghiu <grig.gheorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Re: Adding create_keypair functionality to EC2 driver
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 04:29:29 GMT
I don't think a keypair is general enough to apply to the majority of
cloud providers, but it's definitely essential for EC2 operations. The
AWS EC2 API has recently been enhanced with an import-keypair call,
which can take an existing public key and import it into EC2
(create-keypair creates a public key from scratch and stores it on the
EC2 side without the user being able to get to it).

If there's interest, I can look into adding the import-keypair
functionality into the EC2 driver.

My initial question still remains: is the way I implemented that
function correct in terms of return values?

Grig

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Eric Woods <woodstae@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed.  My two cents, I think this is an great contribution and highlights the fact
that a similar process is needed for most cloud providers.

> I'm not familiar with most cloud provider's APIs to manage keys, but if it's widely supported,
this could be considered for an extension to the core libcloud API.