From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Creating sandbox/perl
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:41:30 GMT
On 9/30/2010 11:02 AM, Jerry Chen wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> On Sep 30, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'd like to hear thoughts on adding a perl based libcloud.
>>
>> If I write something up would it be feasible to create sandbox/perl and
>> put it there?  No need to do anything until I actually produce something.
>
> I would say the concerns with any additional languages are:
Well its going to be a lot close then the java one thats for sure.

> - Proximity to the Python API in design
> - Supporting community for discussion and contributions
> - Code quality, documentation and tests
Ideally, in the future, all the static pricing, hosting server urls
should be in some common language and the language specific should be
generated out so there is 1 source.

In the mean time, I think we should treat python like 'trunk' api
changes must go here then 'merged' (ported) to the other bindings.

VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.