From Jed Smith <...@jedsmith.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Python 2.7 _to_images putheader failure, works on Python 2.6
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:04:52 GMT
On Jul 18, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Tom Davis wrote:

> Judging by the exception, I guess they stopped implicitly casting variables used in format
strings? That's not something I remember reading about in What's New, but it makes sense in
that context. What header we're sending that isn't a string is another question.

That's eye-opening.

I always thought %s called str() on the arguments in question if they weren't
strings already.  If they did indeed change that, half of my code (not only
in libcloud) is going to break.  I'd hope that's a regression and not
intentional...

JS