From Jed Smith <...@jedsmith.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Python 2.7 _to_images putheader failure, works on Python 2.6
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:18:56 GMT
On Jul 19, 2010, at 10:13 AM, ssteinerX@gmail.com wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2010, at 10:04 AM, Jed Smith wrote:
>
>> On Jul 18, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Tom Davis wrote:
>>
>>> Judging by the exception, I guess they stopped implicitly casting variables used
in format strings? That's not something I remember reading about in What's New, but it makes
sense in that context. What header we're sending that isn't a string is another question.

>> That's eye-opening.
>>
>> I always thought %s called str() on the arguments in question if they weren't
>> strings already.  If they did indeed change that, half of my code (not only
>> in libcloud) is going to break.  I'd hope that's a regression and not
>> intentional...
>
> Please see my previous message about the redundant header that's being explicitly set
as an integer.

Oh, it's in the .join(values).  That makes more sense, and has never worked.

My apologies, read the exception wrong.

JS