From "ssteinerX@gmail.com" <sstein...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Python 2.7 _to_images putheader failure, works on Python 2.6
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:17:40 GMT

On Jul 19, 2010, at 10:13 AM, ssteinerX@gmail.com wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2010, at 10:04 AM, Jed Smith wrote:
>
>> On Jul 18, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Tom Davis wrote:
>>
>>> Judging by the exception, I guess they stopped implicitly casting variables used
in format strings? That's not something I remember reading about in What's New, but it makes
sense in that context. What header we're sending that isn't a string is another question.

>> That's eye-opening.
>>
>> I always thought %s called str() on the arguments in question if they weren't
>> strings already.  If they did indeed change that, half of my code (not only
>> in libcloud) is going to break.  I'd hope that's a regression and not
>> intentional...
>
> Please see my previous message about the redundant header that's being explicitly set
as an integer.

> The chances of an error like the one you're talking about getting through the Python
release process is incredibly unlikely.

Sometimes gluing two sentences together doesn't work:

> The chance of an error like the one you're talking about getting through the Python release
process is incredibly slim.