From Solomon Hykes <solo...@dotcloud.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] pricing update thoughts
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 04:20:19 GMT
+1. If dnspython does the job, let's use it.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Jerry Chen <jerry@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Tom Davis wrote:
>
>>> IMHO I think it would be awesome to not have another dependency and make a really
specialized DNS TXT lookup module.

>>> But I suppose I should back that up with a patch first!
>>>
>>> Jerry
>>
>> Forgive me, but what is the big issue with dependencies? Why spend valuable time
writing and debugging a DNS module when dependencies don't effect the way 99% of people would
install the libcloud package? Even after the drawn out anti-zope.interface argument, I still
don't get it. If a module is well-tested, stable, and available via the cheese shop, there's
no downside to using it (from my perspective, anyway).