From Solomon Hykes <solo...@dotcloud.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] pricing update thoughts
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 18:23:25 GMT
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Jerry Chen <jerry@apache.org> wrote:

> It would be awesome if providers would have /pricing.json endpoints so they could update
their own prices.

> Even crazier is if people had DNS TXT records with that information.

Continuing the craziness... If a provider wishes to maintain prices
himself, we could setup CNAMEs so that ec2.prices.libcloud.org points
to, say, libcloud-prices.amazonaws.com.

But I prefer the idea of keeping everything in the same domain. With a
SCM hook you could update the domain with pricing information from the
latest revision. When a provider updates pricing information in the
code, it's automatically pushed to everyone without the need for an
upgrade.