From Eric Woods <>
Subject [libcloud] Java Update
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 17:13:06 GMT
Hey guys,

I've made substantial progress on the Java codebase:

We've made significant changes to the structure of the code, replacing most
abstract classes with interfaces and providing mutator/accessor methods
instead of public access to fields.  Still, the differences from the Python
base is minor.  Most end-to-end functionality is in place for drivers, and
listNodes(), listSizes(), and listLocations() is working for the IBMDriver
as a proof of concept.  Most notably, ConnectionKey and ConnectionUserAndKey
are implemented and using HttpComponents for managing requests.

Per Matt's suggestion, is it possible to get a separate sandbox or branch in
the libcloud repository?  The code is maturing rapidly, and I'd like the
community to have full access to observe and comment on the development

Thanks everyone,
- Eric