From Brian Martin <brianmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] retrieving images
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:35:57 GMT
On 06/15/2010 02:29 PM, Alex Polvi wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Brian Martin<brianmartin@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> First of all, Libcloud is great, thanks to all devs and contributors.
>>
>> I am wondering if there is a way to retrieve just one image (by id) if it
>> exists rather than getting the whole list (specifically with ec2 the list of
>> images is very large), and if not, maybe this could be considered a feature
>> request (?).
>>
> Does the EC2 API support this natively? Or are you just looking for a
> convenience function that filters everything else out?
>
> -Alex

I'm not sure if it's supported in EC2 API, I was just asking.

A convenience function is not what I'm looking for.  My main concern is
just the time that it takes to get the list then find the image then
create an instance.  I thought if possible skipping the list retrieval
would be good, but if EC2 API doesn't support this then I can of course
deal with it.

Brian