From Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] pricing update thoughts
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 04:11:06 GMT

On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Tom Davis wrote:

>> IMHO I think it would be awesome to not have another dependency and make a really
specialized DNS TXT lookup module.

>> But I suppose I should back that up with a patch first!
>>
>> Jerry
>
> Forgive me, but what is the big issue with dependencies? Why spend valuable time writing
and debugging a DNS module when dependencies don't effect the way 99% of people would install
the libcloud package? Even after the drawn out anti-zope.interface argument, I still don't
get it. If a module is well-tested, stable, and available via the cheese shop, there's no
downside to using it (from my perspective, anyway).

Indeed, I took a look at implementing TXT lookups and it's non-trivial.

As for Zope, it didn't seem like it was bringing much value.

Jerry