From Eric Woods <woods...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Java Skeleton Available
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 21:21:19 GMT
Hey guys,

While we continue to work out details of the repository, mailing list, etc,
I've posted an update to the Java framework to JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD-33.

I'd also like to cast my vote:

> libcloud is a python project and should remain purely python
> throughout incubation
YES []
NO [X]
-1

> libcloud is an abstraction interface for various cloud hosting
> service providers, the current implementation happens to be Python,
> but other bindings for Java etc will make libcloud more convenient
YES [X]
NO [ ]
+1

For the time being, I agree with Matt's approach of housing a separate but
parallel sandbox for Java development.  This will enable community
observation and feedback while the framework is developed.

Thanks,
Eric

While we iron out the details of the repository, mailing list, etc, I've
posted an update the Java framework to JIRA: