From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Java Skeleton Available
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 04:48:22 GMT
At least for what I'm interested in is an API that is common across providers with different
language bindings.  Your comment about DeltaCloud as an API seems to make it more general
purpose and have a broader applicability for different language bindings.  At this point it
is pretty similar to Libcloud in that it too has a set of drivers for different cloud vendors
but it is a RESTful API on the front end which makes it different than Libcloud in that someone
can create a number of language bindings independently.  One of my peeps had suggested a Libcloud
driver for DeltaCloud but that just seems wrong on a few levels as we'd then have two compensation
layers (Libcloud's driver and DeltaCloud's driver and then finally the target cloud provider).

It would be nice to wrap the two projects together and get the best of both worlds.  Language
bindings to a common API.  Perhaps RedHat has some implementation of the DeltaCloud APIs that
would be a direct implementer and not a compensation layer.