From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Java Skeleton Available
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 13:16:41 GMT
Just to highlight that Apache is based on individual contributions and not specifically corporate
sponsorship.  Certainly corporations and other entities have donated large chunks of code
and many of those people continue on working in the community but they operate as individually
accountable, not the company they work for.  There is always a balance.

On May 20, 2010, at 4:07 PM, Solomon Hykes wrote:

> If I were IBM, I would spend the money on bringing libcloud and
> jclouds closer together, instead of dividing them.

Seems to me that jClouds has indicated at this point they prefer to be a separate project
(my interpretation of this thread).  If Eirk is offering a donation to LibCloud he is choosing
the project he is interested in.