From Kyle Marsh <ky...@hq.newdream.net>
Subject [libcloud] DreamHost Driver
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:25:43 GMT
I have uploaded a patch to JIRA containing a new driver to implement
DreamHost Private Servers in Libcloud.  I uploaded two files
containing the same patch in different formats:
"dreamhost_driver.patch" contains the output from `git-format-patch`,
and "dreamhost_driver_squash.patch" contains the output from `git
diff` so you can use whichever is easier to review and incorporate.  I
am also attaching the squashed patch to the list for anyone who is
interested.

The DreamHost driver implements the interface required for node_driver
except for list_sizes() and list_locations().  A DreamHost PS is a
linux vserver based virtual private server and can be resized to any
integer value between 300MB and 4000MB.  Users are currently unable to
specify a location for their private server.

There are some other elements of the DreamHost Private Server API that
are not exposed by this driver and I was wondering if I should expose
them.  They include listing and changing various configuration
settings that are available for our private servers and listing
usage/reboot history.  Now that the guts of the driver are written
adding this functionality should not be difficult if you think it
appropriate to do so.

Let me know if you have any further questions or comments about this.

~Kyle Marsh
DreamHost Developer
kylem@hq.newdream.net