From Ian Bicking <i...@colorstudy.com>
Subject [libcloud] Virtualbox driver for libcloud?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 23:22:33 GMT
I'm thinking about making a driver for libcloud for creating Virtualbox
images.  My use case is primarily to be able to run local tests, and maybe
secondarily to create developer-ready images.  I'm curious if anyone has
considered this general idea, or even has code?  Even a shell script would
be handy, as I've never done automated virtualization in the past and
there's a slightly annoyingly large set of options to sort through.

I'm not sure to what degree I should make these into pretend cloud servers,
and how I should just expose the underlying virtualizing.  There aren't
discrete sizes, for instance (though some concepts like node names work
fine).  Lastly, the question of where this code should actually go
(libcloud, or develop it separately for now).  The way driver instantiation
works it's not that easy to do separate development, unless I have code to
just skip libcloud's instantiation system (not hard to do, just feels
awkward).

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org  |  http://twitter.com/ianbicking