From Eivind Uggedal <eiv...@uggedal.com>
Subject [libcloud] A couple of Linode driver fixes
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:30:46 GMT
While adding support for Linode to Silver Lining[1] I've had to fix
the following things:

* Due to a bug the Linode driver failed when not providing a root password.
* The root password generated from /dev/urandom if no password were
given was too long (max characters is 16).
* The driver defaulted to the latest stable x86 2.6 kernel regardless
of which image was selected. The provided patch selects a 32- or
64-bit kernel based on the arch of the selected image and also uses a
paravirt-ops kernel for those images which specify a need for this
(currently the Ubuntu 9.10 image).

The patch is attached (created with git format-patch) and can also be
found on Github[2].

There is another problem with libcloud from a Silver Lining
perspective (which I've not fixed yet since I imagine it warrants some
discussion on this list). When using the list_images and list_sizes
functions the various drivers uses a mixture of integer and string IDs
based on whether the responses are parsed as JSON or XML. Should all
IDs be strings or integers or is a mixture acceptable?

[1]: http://cloudsilverlining.org
[2]: http://github.com/uggedal/libcloud

--
Cheers,