From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Multiple security groups for EC2?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:46:22 GMT
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Richard Kreuter <richard@10gen.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting started with libcloud, and have run into a minor limitation.
> We normally run EC2 instances with several security groups (mostly as an
> ersatz tagging mechanism, not really for security).
>
> It seems libcloud's interface has no support for multiple security
> groups yet.  So I guess I have two questions:
>
> (1) does anybody happen to know if the EC2 query API supports specifying
> multiple security groups to RunInstances?  I don't find what I'm looking
> for in the documentation [*].  (I could imagine that this feature might
> only be exposed via the SOAP interface.)
>
> (2) If (1), does anybody have strong feelings about what the libcloud
> interface to asking for multiple security groups ought to look like?

I added support in trunk/head.

The security groups param to create_node on the ec2 driver now takes a
list. (if its not a list, it converts it).

So, your api is just like this:
mydrvier.create_node(name="lc-test234", location=loc[0], image=images[0],
                size=sizes[0], securitygroup=['foo', 'bar'])

lemme know if you run into any issues,

Thanks,

Paul