From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] need feedback on deployment API in trunk!
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:28:08 GMT
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Tom White <tom@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> This looks great! One thing I noticed is that paramiko is LGPL'd which
> may not be used with Apache products
> (http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x), so we'll need
> to use something else, unfortunately.

I've converted it in trunk to be an optional plugin with a generic
wrapper class, that could be powered by just about any SSH/SFTP
implementation:
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/trunk/libcloud/ssh.py>

If anyone has time, it would be great to flush out the
ShellOutSSHClient (or rename it), so that you can just use the command
line openssh if that is useful to you.

I think it might also be good if we could find or make a python
wrapper around libssh2, because libssh2 is under the BSD license.

Thanks,

Paul