From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Current Support Provider Enquiry
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:42:11 GMT
On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Lloyd Cooke <lloyd.cooke@easyspace.com> wrote:
>  Dear libcloud,
>
>  We recently came across your web page of Cloud providers at
> http://incubator.apache.org/libcloud/ [1] and I would like to ask whether
> you would consider adding our sister company iomart Hosting to your list.
> For more information on the products and the support provided please see
> http://www.iomarthosting.com/cloud-hosting. [2]
>
>  Many Thanks
>
>  Lloyd Cooke

Hello Lloyd,

Since libcloud is an open source project, we generally are only able
to implement APIs that provide public documentation on how we can do
things like create a server, destroy/reboot etc.  I looked over the
iomart hosting website and was unable to find documentation of an API.

Some examples of what we use from other hosting providers:
ec2: http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/latest/APIReference/
rackspace: http://www.rackspacecloud.com/cloud_hosting_products/servers/api
linode: http://www.linode.com/api/

Once we have documentation on an API, it enables open source
developers to develop the libcloud code to work with your services,
though to be clear the Apache Software Foundation doesn't actually pay
developers to write the code -- they are employed by 3rd party
companies or do it of their own free will. (but this is starting to
get out of scope for this email :) )

Hope this was helpful,

Paul Querna