From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject [libcloud] blockers for first release
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:39:56 GMT
I'd like to get us to ship a first release at the ASF in the next week
or two, so I'm trying to figure out what we need to 'fix' before
making a release.

To me, anything that  we know we want to do, and breaks the API should
be considered a blocker.  Anything that adds to the API, like a new
kwarg, is fine to add in a later release, and won't break existing
applications.

>From an ASF legal/policy side, I think we are currently passing the RAT tests.

my list:

potential blockers:
 - Removal of Zope Interfaces.  People talked about it, but no code
was committed.
 - Location aware Sizes / Images support.  I believe this could be
done by adding an optional Location kwarg to list_sizes and
list_images

non-blockers:
 - Firewall Configurations (Some Discussion on the list, security
groups are exposed in ec2 in the interim)
 - Provider Support (Voxel is close I think, few others could sneak in
if done quickly)

Thoughts from the crowd?

Thanks,

Paul