From Soren Hansen <so...@ubuntu.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] blockers for first release
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 00:48:24 GMT
On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 03:02:25PM -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
>>> Thoughts from the crowd?
>> I'm working on this CLI tool[1] for libcloud, but I'm not completely
>> sure we want it included in libcloud, since it doesn't expose all of
>> libcloud's functionality (anything provider specific is not exposed
>> at all at the moment).

>> [1]: https://launchpad.net/~soren/libcloud/cloudctl
>
> Isn't the fact that it doesn't expose provider specific things.... just fine?
>
> I certainly see a bundled tool like that being something we should
> include, and very useful to get people going.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just spoiled by other libraries that ship with
CLI utils that expose /everything/ the library in question does :)

At the very least it will need to grow some location awareness before
it's really useful, I think.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team