From Jed Smith <...@jedsmith.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Firewall Configurations, was Fwd: svn commit: r902984 - /incubator/libcloud/trunk/libcloud/drivers/ec2.py
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:53:57 GMT
On Jan 25, 2010, at 6:32 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

> Should we throw an exception if a provider can't support that, but it
> was requested by the API user?

No.  Ignore it quietly.

In the Linode case, there is no security configuration to allow -- that's
up to configuration after boot.  Rather than me patching the Linode driver
to ignore inbound_tcp_ports if provided, a better default is that it's a
feature that some providers implement and others ignore quietly...

JS