From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Firewall Configurations, was Fwd: svn commit: r902984 - /incubator/libcloud/trunk/libcloud/drivers/ec2.py
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:32:48 GMT
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Solomon Hykes <solomon.hykes@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about an optional argument defining a list of inbound ports to
> authorize at node creation? The default (for example [22]) should be
> the same across all drivers.

Ya, I think a 'default' of allowing in port 22 is sensible.

So the proposal would be:
create_node(...., inbound_tcp_ports=[22, 80, 443])

Would ensure that TCP ports 22, 80, and 443 are open, across all
drivers -- Other ports may be open to the node, but the api guarantee
is that at least the ports specified will be open to incoming traffic.

Should we throw an exception if a provider can't support that, but it
was requested by the API user?

Thanks,

Paul