From Alessandro Novarini <alessandro.novar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire the Kitty Project
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 15:21:31 GMT
Hi Kevan,

I think you correctly understood my earlier comment, but now I'll explain
better (hopefully) the reason why I voted -1.

I will perfectly fine if we all vote to retire the project. In that case,
I'd like to have your blessing to keep working on that outside Apache.
But... if we have feedback that I'm not the only one interested in keeping
working on that in some way, I will be the happiest person on earth to keep
Kitty in Apache.

Of course in 4 months there hasn't been any commit, I was the only "active"
committer, until I got a lot busy on non-technical issues, somehow sorted
and I have to say that the development has started again. I'm not sure when
I'll commit the last changes as those impacts a lot on the codebase and I
can't release any partial change, so if you're interested please be patient.
And however, even if I took up committing again, that wouldn't be enough.

To be honest I don't think the situation will change very soon, so I'm
pretty much sure that Kitty will be retired. But I won't be the one who
accepted it as a matter of fact :)

Does it make my vote clearer?

Sorry for the confusion

--