From Matthew Sacks <matt...@matthewsacks.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 06:41:34 GMT
On 1/12/2012 2:36 PM, matthew@matthewsacks.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I thought I would chime in to put things in perspective a bit.
>
> The original goal was originally to find a universal, fast, command
> line JMX client.
> Such a tool would be incredibly useful, Java applications and
> application servers, and JMX are not going anywhere, and each one has
> its own management tool. Jmxsh and Jmanage fall short, and are not
> fast and easy to use. This tool, I think became a bit convoluted in
> the community process, with people checking in whatever they felt
> should go into it. I still believe this tool fits a crucial need, as
> was agreed upon when I presented this utility to LAJUG. Lack of talent
> certainly isn't the problem here. I think that someone just has to
> take the lead and get brave about rejecting commits and leading the
> direction. I'm fine with that, as long as someone is willing to do the
> development work. I'm also ok with retiring the project, if that's
> what the community wants and votes on, but I think that there will
> still be a void in the Java app world that will go unfulfilled which
> this utility was supposed to serve.
>
> With that perspective expressed, what are the communities sentiments?
>
> Sincerely,
> msacks

issues in JIRA we've met the goal of functionality of the original
mission of KITTY.

Then, if we do a bit of bug squashing and documentation we should be set
for a release candidate.

Once we have a release candidate, the goal will be to document the
flexibility of using Kitty as a universal JMX client for various
application types that support JMX.

Comments, disagreements, quibbles, accosts?

:)