From Alessandro Novarini <alessandro.novar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resign
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:21:00 GMT
Hello all,

Sorry for the late reply.
What I can say is that I'm sad about Matthew's decision to leave.
I think that you can stay be of the group contributing as much as you can; there was never
a "minimun quantity" of commitment, and never will.

About me, well, thanks but I'm not sure this is either a decision to take without consulting
everyone, or a promotion by acclamation; shouldn't you put it on vote?
Moreover, I'm not yet much into this Apache thing, so I hardly know anything I have to do
about heading up a project; I am maybe the last one to ask to in this case, maybe Pid is a
better choice as I see he knows better how thinks must be done into the Apache world...

Anyway, I really do hope you'll keep contributing.

--
Ale

P.S.: My account seems working now even for svn, thanks Kevan!

On Sep 6, 2011, at 8:47 PM, Matthew Sacks wrote:

> Is this recommended?
>
> On Sep 4, 2011, at 6:22 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

>> On Sep 1, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Matthew Sacks wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Kitty,
>>> I regretfully announce my resignation from the Kitty project. I have been consumed
by other things, and there are more talented people than myself working on this project.
>>> I am not sure what the process is for this, but I would like Alessandro Novarini
to take my please in heading up the project, whether that is official or unofficial by ASF
guidelines. I will still deliver the Web site as promised in JIRA, but it may be delayed for
a couple of months. I will remain on the list, if I am allowed to do so.

>> Passing along a few more things...
>>
>> "responsibility" lies in membership in the Podling PMC. PMC's provide oversight of
the project. PMC members have an obligation to provide this oversight for the project. Committers
do not have this responsibility. So, one other possibility is for you to resign from the Podling
PMC, but maintain your committer status.