From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resign
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:00:37 GMT
I responded to some of the follow-up notes, but not the original...

On Sep 1, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Matthew Sacks wrote:

> Dear Kitty,
> I regretfully announce my resignation from the Kitty project. I have been consumed by
other things, and there are more talented people than myself working on this project.
> I am not sure what the process is for this, but I would like Alessandro Novarini to take
my please in heading up the project, whether that is official or unofficial by ASF guidelines.

There's no official leader of an Apache project. Leaders are the people who *do* (e.g. writing
code, driving community discussions, organizing community members, getting things done...).

PMC chairs, PMC members, release managers -- all have roles and responsibilities. They are
often project "leaders". However, their roles are somewhat orthogonal to being "leaders".

--kevan