From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1147344 - /incubator/kitty/site/trunk/content/kitty/images/kitty-logo.png
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:35:39 GMT

On Jul 15, 2011, at 7:13 PM, msacks@apache.org wrote:

> Author: msacks
> Date: Fri Jul 15 23:13:14 2011
> New Revision: 1147344

> Log:
> added kitty logo
>
> Added:
>    incubator/kitty/site/trunk/content/kitty/images/kitty-logo.png   (with props)

Hi Matthew,
When committing work that you did not create (e.g. this logo) or a software patch that was
submitted in a Jira, the originator of the work should be acknowledged in the commit message.
This helps record the information for posterity (via 'svn log incubator/kitty/site/trunk/content/kitty/images/kitty-logo.png'
or wherever the file ends up after graduation). The commit message can be edited, but confess
I'd have to read svn doc to remember/figure out how...

In this case, the image was created by Javier Mozo mail@ufotofu.co. You claim that we can
apply the Apache License to the work. This is a relatively small work (but still much appreciated).
We trust you (or I trust you). So, all is well. For larger works, more stringent requirements
might be required -- e.g. a software grant, an ICLA, personal communication from the creator,
etc.

--kevan