From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Committers
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 19:14:11 GMT
On 31/05/2011 19:26, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 31, 2011, at 1:11 PM, Matthew Sacks wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>> I've noticed a lot of people have become quite active on this project. This is exciting
news and the progress on getting kitty to be a useful JMX tool has been quite a bit in a short
amount of time. For those of you wanting to get more involved, I would recommend you apply
to be a committer. If you are interested, you basically fill out a CLA (Committer License
Agreement) and then the Kitty community would vote you in. For more information see http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html?#Voting+in+a+new+committer.

>> If you have questions, feel free to post them to this list.
>
> Hi Matthew and Kitty PMC,
> Want to be sure we're clear on a few things... It is the PMC's responsibility to monitor
their community. The PMC is expected to review svn commits, discussions on the mailing lists,
etc. The PMC is expected to monitor contributions to the community (code patches, mailing
list discussions, etc), discuss the merits of individual contributors, and where the PMC feels
it is appropriate -- discuss and vote new committers into the project. The discussion and
vote typically will occur on the kitty-private mailing list.

+1

> You can't just "apply to be a committer".

+1

> Contributors can certainly let the community know that they would be interested in becoming
a committer. However, it's ultimately the responsibility of the PMC, not contributors.

> So, my message to the PMC is -- take an active role in reviewing the makeup of your community.
Do not wait for someone to apply for the position...

+1