From Matthew Sacks <matt...@matthewsacks.com>
Subject Eclipse vs IntelliJ for Kitty, webinar
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 23:11:49 GMT
Hi Folks,
I have struggled a bit using Eclipse with Groovy projects previously (although for all intensive
purposes it will work) , so I personally recommend using IntelliJ for developing kitty projects
as a matter of preference. I'm not sure if you have to be an official committer, but I know
Jetbrains, the company that makes IntelliJ offers a special open source use license to the
ASF: http://www.jetbrains.com/eforms/openSourceRequestApache.action?licenseRequest=IIOSA

That being said, I'd like to throw it out there that maybe it would help the new people on
board if we hosted a simple webinar (and recorded it) on how to get all set up to be developing
for Kitty and resolve problems getting setup. Would this be helpful?

msacks