From Stuart Monteith <stuk...@stoo.me.uk>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Mar 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:37:10 GMT
Hi,
	I've been somewhat busy (and ill), so I'm a bit late doing this. I've
put up a report for this quarter:
	http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2012
(copied below)

Given my time constraints, my role in IBM (which hasn't been in JVM
development for some time now), my new personal circumstances, and with
the lack of interest in this project, I don't think I'll be able to
realistically commit much time to it. Regrettably, I am going to have to
withdraw my support.

The report, so far:

--------------------

Kato

Kato was accepted into the Incubator on 6 November 2008.

Kato is a project to develop the Specification, Reference
Implementation, and TCK for JSR 326: the JVM Post-mortem Diagnostics API.

Recent Activity:

* Oracle finally stated its position on JSR 326 and the Kato project. In
short, other technologies are a higher priority, and there is a limited
audience for the API.

* There was a lot of discussion on the status of this project and the
reporting of that status.

* Robert Burrell Donkin announced his resignation from the IPMC and as
mentor for this project.

* There was some discussion about the future of the project, but nothing
concrete.

The following is planned for next reporting period:

* Decide in what form the podling should continue, if at all.

Before this project can graduate we need to encourage more participation
in the project and grow the community.

Signed off by mentor: