incubator-kato-spec mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Status and a question
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 09:40:34 GMT
Looks like we are finally onto the last mile - one way or other I should
have Oracle's final decision in my hands within the next 8 weeks.  That's a
long time I know but we've waited a year so far.

Here's my question to anyone still listening: If Oracle say they will not
pariticipate at all, or not in the next 12 months what should we do?

For your deliberations you should be aware that I'm working in the OpenJDK
space now.  Some of our technical limitations (where we needed Oracle to do
something for us in the JVM) may be solvable simply by doing the work
ourselves (outside Apache)  and submitting to OpenJDK.

Options include :

1 - Retiring this podling full stop.
2 - Move the work to OpenJDK and possibly attempt to get JSR 326 into JDK8.
3 - Defering or dropping the "JSR" part of this project work and just
focusing on producing a high quality codebase that solves peoples problems.


Tell me what you think.

-- 
Steve

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message