From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: System Properties and Env vars
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:39:44 GMT
I rest my case then -  we can't ask users to do that sort of thing to get
something as useful as System Properties etc.  In my JDump case  I have a
dump with the data but its not stored as JavaObjects.   The data is  sitting
to one side.  If we don't add an  API to get at the data I'd have to fake
out JavaObjects just so the user can go searching :-(

I wonder if we should factor out your code Stuart so it could be used by
implementations that do not have the data to one side?     Do you think we
need the equivalent of the commons module that provides common functions for
using the API?  (the commons module is not the right place as its designed
to offer common services to implementers - not consumers)

--
Steve