From David Griffiths <david.griffi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing ImagePointer references in the Java Runtime API
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:18:54 GMT
Is there a reason you can't just use Long objects? Then you don't need
to have any special way to construct them. I've been using primitive
longs in Zebedee for many years and the only problem I've come across
has been where you need to mark a pointer as null (uninitialized -
mainly in the emulator). Using Long objects solves that.

(I'm assuming things like compressed references will always stay
internal to the implementation).

Cheers,

Dave