From David Griffiths <david.griffi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot Application development usecases
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 09:38:19 GMT
Hi Steve, thanks for the clarification. A lot of the issues we assist
customers with turn out to be problems in third-party code and for
these problems a post-mortem dump of some sort is the starting point.
I'm surprised there's so little interest in obtaining Java info from
core dumps. A lot of our customers use Java thread dumps and heapdumps
to solve their own problems and I'm sure they would do more with core
dumps if the tooling hadn't in the past been so unwieldy (eg
jextract).

Anyway, my perspective on all this is sufficiently different that I'll
try to refrain from blundering in with any more dumb comments :)

Cheers,

Dave