From Stuart Monteith <stuk...@stoo.me.uk>
Subject Re: Replacing ImagePointer references in the Java Runtime API - first pass
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:15:24 GMT
Hi,
     Sorry, I should have been more explicit. If all a Handle is is the
type and the
address, what does this add on top of the types there already -
JavaObject, JavaClass, etc.

Of course you couldn't get a JavaObject from every entity in the API,
that sounds confused...
I'd posit that what the Handle adds is an explicit means of storing the
references to objects
without doing the work to create a working JavaObject, or whatever type
it is.

Regards,
     Stuart

--