From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject [TOPIC] Snapshot data collection definition - dump triggers
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:46:37 GMT
Andreas posted some interesting information here
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kato-spec/200911.mbox/%3C6EB74B946FF4CF4BAA39332269A659D5024AE296@DYNASERV.dynatrace.local%3E

This thread is to discuss the topic of  how and when  snapshot dumps are
triggered.

Andreas has started with asking for

1)  scheduled (timed) dumps
2)  event driven dumps including fatal JVM crashed type events

Question:    How adaptive would this timed dump have to be?  I can imagine
having a regular heart beat dump but would we want to be able to modify the
timeing on the fly?

Question:    Would we want to have multiple timers running with different
dump output?

Question:    What are the top events that we need to consider should be
covered -  there is the usual OOM but what else?

--
Steve