From "Bobrovsky, Konstantin S" <konstantin.s.bobrov...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Do we need to change the scope of the API design?
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 05:02:08 GMT
Hi Steve,

I think the first option would be ideal of course. But I assume the initiative to develop
RI based on Sun's Serviceability Agent (which would lower the implementation cost dramatically)
has failed because of GPL-related issues. I wish there was a volunteer from the open-source
who could adapt SA to the KATO API...

>From the other two, the second one (remove Image API) IMO would very much discord with
the original message of the JSR (*postmortem* analysis, which means digging through the core
dumps). So I'd vote for leaving as much as possible of the Image API in the spec, making parts
optional as needed.

Thanks,
Konst

Intel Novosibirsk
Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
Russian Federation