From Steve Poole <spoole...@googlemail.com>
Subject "Snapshot" support
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:29:17 GMT
One of the capabilities that this API is intended to provide is support for
"Snapshots"

This is  based on the idea that for various reasons the dumps that we can
get today can be too big, take too long to generate , not have the right
information etc.

Also we need to recognise that dumps are not only produced to help diagnose
a failure.  Some users consume dumps as part of monitoring a live system.

So we need to discuss (at least)

a)  How dump content configuration would work
b)  What sorts of data are needed in a snapshot dump

This is the largest outstanding piece of the API.   Now with Alois and
Andreas on board we can start to clarify usecases and  resolve the design

Cheers

Steve